The point of care diagnostics global market is expected to grow at single digit CAGR to reach $26,331.1 million by 2023.
Point of care tests, also called near-patient testing or bedside testing, refers to the performance of diagnostic tests at or near the site where the patient is located and helps in obtaining accurate results in a very short period of time. It can be performed by non-laboratory personnel and the main benefit of POCT is to make tests more convenient and immediately to the patient that helps doctors/physician to receive the results quicker, enabling clinicians to support the timely diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of patients. It can be performed by non-laboratory personnel and the results are used for clinical decision making.
POCD is usually used in clinics, healthcare departments, hospitals, and patient’s homes. In hospitals, they are primarily performed in emergency departments, surgical suites, critical care units, and certain outpatient areas. POC tests can be performed by a wide variety of people can, including laboratory professionals, emergency first responders, radiologists, doctors, nurses, physician assistants, or other healthcare practitioners.
They may even be done by patients, sometimes called “self-tests” or “home tests. POCT has a range of complexity and procedures that vary from manual methodologies to automated analyzers. With the advancements in technology, POC testing analyzers are becoming smaller, faster, and more user-friendly and to achieve accuracy with increasingly smaller samples (body fluids).
Scope of the Report
- The global POCD market by products is segmented into glucose monitoring kits, infectious diseases testing kits, coagulation monitoring kits, hematology testing kits, pregnancy and fertility testing kits, cardiometabolic testing kits, tumor/cancer markers, urinalysis kits, cholesterol testing kits, drugs-of-abuse testing kits and others.
- The glucose monitoring kits are further segmented into self-glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring kits.
- The Infectious diseases kits are further divided into HIV testing kits, Hepatitis testing kits, Tropical diseases testing kits, tuberculosis testing kits, Healthcare-Associated infection testing kits, respiratory infections testing kits, and others.
- The coagulation monitoring testing kits are further segmented into Prothrombin Time(PT/INR) Testing Kits and Activated Clotting Time(ACT/APTT) Testing Kits.
- The Pregnancy and Fertility Testing Kits are further segmented into Pregnancy Testing Kits and Fertility Testing Kits.
- The Cardiometabolic Monitoring Kits further segmented into Cardiac Markers, Blood Gas/Electrolytes Testing Kits, HBA1C Testing Kits, and LIPID Testing Kits.
- By technology, the POCD market is divided into a biosensor,microfluidics/lab-on-a-chip technology, PCR technology, Immunochromatographic/lateral flow technology and others.
- Based on prescription mode, POCD market is segmented into prescription based tests and over the counter tests.
- By sample types, POCD market is divided into blood, urine, saliva and others.
- Based on end-users, POCD market is segmented into hospitals, home healthcare, clinics.
Drivers and Opportunities
- Rapid Rise in the Aging Population
- High Prevalence of Chronic and Infectious Diseases
- Lack of Skilled Laboratory Technicians in Emerging Countries
- Rising Number of Clia-Waived Poc Tests
- Rising Awareness About Point of Care Diagnostics in Developing Countries
- Technological Advancements
Restraints and Threats
- Inconsistent Reimbursement and High Cost of Devices
- Stringent Regulatory Requirements
- Rising Incidence of Product Recalls
- Accuracy Issues
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Point of Care Diagnostics Global Market, by Products
5 Point of Care Diagnostics Market, by Technology
6 Point of Care Diagnostics Market, by Prescription Mode
7 Point of Care Diagnostics Market, by Sample Type
8 Point of Care Diagnostics Global Market, by End User
9 Regional Market Analysis
10 Company Developments
11 Major Companies
- Abaxis, Inc.,
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Beacon Biomedical
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Biolight Life Sciences
- Biolytical Laboratories Inc.
- Enigma Diagnostics
- Enterix, Inc
- Epitope Diagnostics Inc,
- Erba Diagnostics Mannheim Gmbh
- Euromedix Poc NV/SA
- Exosomes Diagnostics
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ag
- Hemosure Inc.,
- Humor Diagnostica
- Insilixa, Inc
- Lipid Plus
- Mbio Diagnostics, Inc
- Medica Corporation
- Medmira Inc.
- Medtronic Plc
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc,
- Omnica Corporation
- Operon Biotech & Healthcare
- Ophthalmic Instrument Company
- Response Biomedical
- Siemens Ag
- Thermofisher Scientific, Inc.
- ZBX Corporation
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zsjdtw/pointofcare
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2633-billion-point-of-care-diagnostics-market-2023—research-and-markets-300468005.html
SOURCE Research and Markets